Jesus was a perfect representation of God. If we want to understand God, we need look no farther than the life of Jesus Christ here on the earth (Hebrews 1:3, John 1:18, Colossians 1:15).
Jesus Healed Them All
One thing we can know for certain about the nature of God is that He is the Healer. The idea that God makes people sick or lets people stay sick is not backed up by Scripture in any way.
When we look at the life and ministry of Jesus in the New Testament, we see that He was constantly healing people.
In fact, there are 14 times the Bible records that Jesus healed them all. He healed everyone who came to Him for healing. And He’s the same yesterday, today, and forever (Hebrews 13:8).
14 Times the Bible Says “Jesus Healed Them All”
1. Matthew 8:16 When evening had come, they brought to Him many who were demon-possessed. And He cast out the spirits with a word, and healed all who were sick
2.Matthew 14:14 And when Jesus went out He saw a great multitude; and He was moved with compassion for them, and healed their sick.
3. Matthew 19:2 And great multitudes followed Him, and He healed them there.
4. Matthew 21:14 Then the blind and the lame came to Him in the temple, and He healed them.
5. Matthew 12:15 But when Jesus knew it, He withdrew from there. And great multitudes followed Him, and He healed them all.
6. Mark 6:56 Wherever He entered, into villages, cities, or the country, they laid the sick in the marketplaces, and begged Him that they might just touch the hem of His garment. And as many as touched Him were made well.
7. Mark 3:10 For He healed many, so that as many as had afflictions pressed about Him to touch Him.
8. Luke 4:40 When the sun was setting, all those who had any that were sick with various diseases brought them to Him; and He laid His hands on every one of them and healed them.
9. Luke 6:17-18 And He came down with them and stood on a level place with a crowd of His disciples and a great multitude of people from all Judea and Jerusalem, and from the seacoast of Tyre and Sidon, who came to hear Him and be healed of their diseases, as well as those who were tormented with unclean spirits. And they were healed.
10. Luke 6:19 And the whole multitude sought to touch Him, for power went out from Him and healed them all.
11. Matthew 15:30 Then great multitudes came to Him, having with them the lame, blind, mute, maimed, and many others; and they laid them down at Jesus’ feet, and He healed them.
12. Luke 9:11 But when the multitudes knew it, they followed Him; and He received them and spoke to them about the kingdom of God, and healed those who had need of healing.
13. Matthew 4:24 Then His fame went throughout all Syria; and they brought to Him all sick people who were afflicted with various diseases and torments, and those who were demon-possessed, epileptics, and paralytics; and He healed them.
14. Matthew 9:35 Then Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every sickness and every disease among the people.
Divine Healing is an Integral Part of the Gospel
Forgiveness of sin and healing of the body are side by side in the Word. Jesus paid for our forgiveness and our healing at the same time. He was wounded for our transgressions. By His stripes we are healed!
Psalm 103:1-3 Bless the Lord, O my soul;
And all that is within me, bless His holy name!
Bless the Lord, O my soul,
And forget not all His benefits:
Who forgives all your iniquities,
Who heals all your diseases,
Isaiah 53:4-5 Surely He has borne our griefs
And carried our sorrows;
Yet we esteemed Him stricken,
Smitten by God, and afflicted.
But He was wounded for our transgressions,
He was bruised for our iniquities;
The chastisement for our peace was upon Him,
And by His stripes we are healed.
Healing is a Covenant Right of Believers
Divine healing was provided for in the atonement just as much as the forgiveness of your sins. It is the will of God for every believer to be well.
Exodus 15:25-26 “I will put none of these diseases upon you, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am the Lord that heals you.”
Sickness was always a curse and will always be a curse. It is not God’s plan for any of His children to be sick. Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law (Galatians 3:13).
Take a look at some of the curses listed in Deuteronomy 28 that have to do with sickness:
Deuteronomy 28:22 – Consumption, fever, inflammation, extreme burning
Deuteronomy 28:27 – Botch, emrods (tumors), scab, itch
Deuteronomy 28:35 – Smote in kneed, legs with the sore botch, from the sole of your feet to the top of your head
Deuteronomy 28:59 – Great plagues and sore sicknesses of long continuance
Deuteronomy 28:61 – Every sickness and every plague which is not written in the book of this Law
Satan is the Author of Sickness
Sickness entered the human race through sin. Sickness is really limited death. It is a result od death that entered the human race through sin. Satan is the author of death.
John 10:10 “The thief comes not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.”
Sickness is not good, and therefore, cannot be from God.
James 1:17 “Every good and perfect gift comes down from above from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.”
Jesus accounted sickness to the devil.
Luke 13:16 And He came down with them and stood on a level place with a crowd of His disciples and a great multitude of people from all Judea and Jerusalem, and from the seacoast of Tyre and Sidon, who came to hear Him and be healed of their diseases, as well as those who were tormented with unclean spirits. And they were healed.
Acts 10:38 how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power, who went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him.
It is God’s will to heal every believer today. God promised it, Jesus paid for it, and the Holy Spirit gives us the power to receive it, in Jesus’ name!