The Bible says that God can read your mind. He is all knowing. Nothing is hidden from Him (Hebrews 4:13).
When God reads your mind, it means that He knows what you are thinking and what you are imagining all the time.
God knows everything that is going on in your mind. He knows you better than you know yourself, because he created you.
Let’s look at 10 Bible verses that say God can read your mind:
1. Nothing in all creation is hidden from God. Everything is naked and exposed before his eyes, and he is the one to whom we are accountable. Hebrews 4:13 NLT
2. For the Lord sees every heart and knows every plan and thought. 1 Chronicles 28:9 NLT
3. You perceive every movement of my heart and soul, and you understand my every thought before it even enters my mind. Psalm 139:2 TPT
4. The Lord has fully examined every thought of man and found them all to be empty and futile. Psalm 94:11 TPT
5. For the word of God is alive and powerful. It is sharper than the sharpest two-edged sword, cutting between soul and spirit, between joint and marrow. It exposes our innermost thoughts and desires. Hebrews 4:12 NLT
6. For whenever our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and he knows everything. 1 John 3:20 ESV
7. But Jesus, knowing their thoughts, said, “Why do you think evil in your hearts? Matthew 9:4 NKJV
8. Knowing their thoughts, he said to them, “Every kingdom divided against itself is laid waste, and no city or house divided against itself will stand. Matthew 12:25 ESV
9. So God, who knows the heart, acknowledged them by giving them the Holy Spirit, just as He did to us, Acts 15:8 NKJV
10. And Jesus, perceiving the thought of their heart, took a little child and set him by Him,
Is It Scary that God Can Read Your Mind?
Although God can read your mind, He has chosen to forgive all your sins.
If you have received salvation, God now relates to you based on who you are in Christ. This is the good news of the Gospel.
and that you put on the new man which was created according to God, in true righteousness and holiness. Ephesians 4:24 NKJV
Jesus became sin so that you could become righteous. Your new spirit is completely righteous!
For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him. 2 Corinthians 5:21 NKJV
With this new spirit comes the mind of Christ. Now you have the mind of Christ! God is not relating to you based on your flesh.
God is Spirit (John 4:24), and so He relates to you spirit to spirit.
You don’t have to be scared that God can read your mind. God wants to help you renew your mind, so that you can live a life of blessing and good things.
The fact that God knows our thoughts is comforting, because He’s the One who can help us!
How we think determines how our life will go (Proverbs 23:7). We need God’s help in learning to think like He things.
When we learn to think like God, we begin to experience the incredibly blessed life He created us for.
God’s Love is Not Based On Your Behavior
God’s love for you is based on who He is, not on who you are. Your behavior doesn’t influence His love for you.
This is so hard for many of us to understand because the world doesn’t operate this way. People love each other based on how they are treated. But God’s kind of love is different. It’s unconditional and based entirely on the fact that He is love.
You don’t have to worry about God rejecting you because He can read your mind. If we got what we deserved from God, we’d all be on our way to hell. But because of the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, our records are wiped clean and our sin has been separated from us.